An Ultimate Shopify Landing Page Checklist
Being a Shopify merchant, it is important to know that a homepage isn’t enough for your visitors to get converted into paying customers. Other pages like the product page, collection page, blog, contact, about us, and FAQ –all are crucial.
But most merchants tend to ignore the importance of the Shopify landing pages. They provide a targeted and focused customer experience that converts visitors into customers effectively.
By creating effective landing pages, you will certainly see your customers make a purchase by clicking on the ad.
In this blog post, we’ll cover what exactly landing pages are, why you need them in your Shopify store, and an essential landing page checklist that you must keep handy while creating one for your store.
So, let’s dive straight into the blog!
What is a Landing Page?
As the name suggests, the landing page is where visitors land on your store after clicking on a link. It is different from the homepage of a Shopify store and is created with a specific marketing or promotional goal in mind.
Shopify landing pages are typically designed to be visually appealing and have a clear call to action. For instance, say your online store is launching a sale. In that regard, you will create a specific landing page that clearly outlines the products on sale and a call to action for completing the purchase.
That’s why it is crucial that you create landing pages that are both appealing and user-friendly. When any visitor lands on your Shopify store, the message should be clear and they must feel encouraged to make a purchase.
Why Do You Need Landing Pages in Your Shopify Store?
By incorporating landing pages into your Shopify store, you can create a more effective and profitable e-commerce business. Other than that, there are various reasons why you need landing pages for your Shopify store:
- Improve SEO: Landing pages can help improve your store’s ranking in the search engines by providing more targeted content for specific keywords or phrases. This will help you improve your Shopify store’s SEO and drive organic traffic and sales to your store.
- Build Email Lists: You can create landing pages to collect email addresses from your visitors, which can be used to plan and strategize effective email marketing campaigns. By offering a free resource or incentive in exchange for their email address, you can build a valuable email list for your business.
- Increase Conversions: Landing pages are specifically designed to focus on a particular product or service. This makes it easier for the visitors to go through its benefits, features, or functionalities, and make a purchase decision. By creating more specific landing pages, you can increase the chances of getting your window shoppers converted to customers.
- Test & Optimize: Landing pages are great for testing and optimizing different offers, messaging, and design elements. By creating multiple landing pages and testing different variations, you can learn what works best for your audience and improve your conversion rates over time.
Shopify Landing Page Checklist
Here comes the most important part of our blog – Landing Page Checklist!
So, below-mentioned is our Shopify landing page checklist that you need to keep handy while creating one for your store such that you do not lose customers on the way.
1. Showcase your Unique Value Proposition
Showcasing your Unique Value Proposition means highlighting the distinctive benefits and features that your Shopify store offers to potential customers. It plays a crucial role in your Shopify landing page since it helps you stand out from the competition and communicates why people must choose your store over competitors.
Here are some key steps to showcase your Unique Value Proposition on your Shopify landing page:
- Identify your Unique Selling Points: Consider what sets your products apart from other similar products available in the market. This could be anything from high-quality materials, unique design, lower pricing, or faster shipping times.
- Highlight your Benefits: Once you have identified your unique selling points, focus on the benefits of your products. Use bullet points or short sentences to communicate the key benefits of your products clearly.
- Keep it Simple: Ensure that your Unique Value Proposition is concise and easy to understand. Avoid using technical jargon or complex language that may confuse potential customers.
- Use Visuals: Use images and videos to showcase the benefits of your products. This helps potential customers to visualize how your products can solve their problems.
- Place it in a Prominent Location: Your Unique Value Proposition should be prominently displayed on your Shopify landing page, preferably above the fold. This ensures that potential customers see it as soon as they land on your website.
2. Have a Strong Headline, Brief Subheading & Effective Paragraphs
Having a strong headline, brief subheadings, and effective paragraphs plays a crucial role in the Shopify landing page. It refers to creating a clear and compelling message that captures the attention of potential customers and encourages them to explore your store further.
Your headline is the first thing that potential customers will see when they land on your Shopify landing page. Make it attention-grabbing and concise. Use enticing words that create a sense of urgency and excitement, like “Limited Time Offer,” “Exclusive,” or “New Arrival.”
A subheading is a short sentence that expands on the headline and provides additional context about your store or product. It should be clear and concise, highlighting the key benefits of your products. Use it to reinforce your headline and encourage potential customers to keep reading.
Once you have captured the attention of potential customers with your headline and subheading, it’s time to provide more information about your products. Highlight the benefits of your products and use persuasive language to encourage potential customers to make a purchase.
3. Keep a Check on the Speed & Performance of the Page
You must ensure that your Shopify landing page loads quickly and performs well for your visitors. A fast and responsive page improves user experience and can lead to higher conversion rates.
Below are some key steps that you need to perform to ensure that the speed and performance of your landing page stay top-notch:
- Monitor Page Load Time: Use tools like Google PageSpeed Insights to monitor the load time of your Shopify landing page. Aim for a load time of three seconds or less.
- Optimize Images: Images play a crucial role in the appeal of your Shopify landing page, but they can also slow down your page’s loading speed. Optimize your images by compressing them to reduce their file size without compromising their quality.
- Minimize HTTP Requests: Reduce the number of HTTP requests your Shopify landing page makes by minimizing the use of external scripts, stylesheets, and fonts. This can significantly improve the page’s loading speed.
- Use a CDN: A CDN is a network of servers that stores the webpage content, like images and videos, such that loading speed times are improved. Consider using a CDN to deliver your content to visitors more quickly.
4. Include a Strong, Visually Present Call-To-Action
Including a strong, visually present call-to-action on your Shopify landing page is crucial to encouraging visitors to take action and increasing conversion rates. CTA could be for making a purchase, subscribing to a newsletter, a downloading an e-course.
Here are some key tips to keep in mind while adding a CTA on your Shopify landing page:
- Keep your CTA action-oriented and ensure that it follows a tone that influences visitors to take a specific action like “Buy Now”, “Subscribe”, or “Download Now”.
- Your call-to-action should be prominently displayed on your Shopify landing page, preferably above the fold. This ensures that visitors see it as soon as they land on your website.
- Use colors that stand out from the rest of the page to make it visually more appealing and eye-grabbing.
- Ensure that the font size of the CTA button is easy to read and comprehend.
5. Use Videos to Showcase Products
Adding videos to your Shopify store can be an effective way to demonstrate how your products work and highlight their unique features and benefits.
When you’re creating a video for your landing page, consider the below-mentioned points:
- Keep it Short: Consider keeping your videos short, concise, and to the point, aiming to focus on the most important features and benefits of your products.
- Use High-Quality Visuals: Ensure that you use high-quality visuals and sound such that the videos become visually appealing to your visitors.
- Highlight Unique Selling Points: Use your videos to highlight the unique selling points of your products and what sets them apart from the competition.
- Optimize for Mobile: Ensure that your videos are well-optimized for mobile as well as other devices with different sizes and resolutions, as more customers access the internet on their smartphones.
- Include a Call-to-Action: Keep in mind that you add a call-to-action button at the end of your videos, such that customers feel encouraged to take the next step.
6. Add Stunning Visuals
Adding stunning visuals to your Shopify landing page can help grab attention, enhance branding, increase engagement, and effectively demonstrate your products.
Here are some key tips to keep in mind while adding stunning visuals to your Shopify landing page:
- High-Quality Images: Use high-quality images on your landing page that are clear and eye-grabbing. Avoid using low-quality images that may appear pixelated or blurry.
- Choose Relevant Images: Use images that are relevant to your products and align with your brand identity. Avoid using generic stock images that may not accurately represent your products.
- Optimize for Page Speed: Optimize your images for page speed by compressing them and reducing their file size without compromising their quality.
- Test & Iterate: Test different visuals and layouts to determine what works best for your landing page and make changes based on customer feedback and engagement data.
7. Use a Countdown Timer to Create Urgency
A countdown timer plays an important role in creating a sense of urgency on the Shopify landing page. It encourages customers to take an action, such as making a purchase or signing up for a newsletter.
When adding a countdown timer on your Shopify landing page, consider the below-mentioned tips:
- Keep it Visible: Ensure that the countdown timer is visible and prominent on your landing page, so customers can see it easily.
- Use a Clear Deadline: Use a clear and specific deadline for your promotion or sale, so customers know exactly when the timer will run out.
- Highlight Benefits: Use your countdown timer to highlight the benefits of your promotion or sale, such as discounted prices or limited-time offers.
- Test & Iterate: Test different countdown timer lengths and placements to determine what works best for your landing page and make changes based on customer feedback and engagement data.
8. Include Customer Testimonials
Adding customer reviews or testimonials on your Shopify landing page can help build trust, increase credibility, provide unique perspectives, and encourage action.
When considering adding customer testimonials on your Shopify landing page, you must keep in mind the below-mentioned tips:
- Use Real Customers: Ensure that you add only real customer testimonials on your landing pages such that it becomes authentic and trustworthy.
- Include Relevant Information: Include relevant information about your customers, such as their name, photo, and job title, to make the testimonials more personal and relatable.
- Highlight Benefits: You must use your customer’s experiences to highlight the benefits of your products and how it has helped or changed the lives of other people.
- Use Varied Formats: Use a mix of text, images, and videos in your customer testimonial section such that it appeals to visitors when they land on the page.
9. Optimize for Mobile Devices
Optimizing your Shopify landing page for mobile devices plays a crucial role. It accounts for a significant portion of online traffic, leads, and sales.
Here are some key tips to keep in mind while optimizing your landing page for mobile devices:
- Use Large Text and Buttons: Use large text and buttons that are easy to read and click on mobile devices.
- Reduce Page Load Times: Mobile users expect fast page load times. Optimize your landing page to load quickly on mobile devices.
- Test the Page: Before pushing the Shopify page live, ensure that you test your landing page on different mobile devices and screen resolutions such that it works correctly and offers a great user experience.
Best Landing Page Examples
You can easily find many examples of a great landing page, but here are a few that you can take inspiration from to stand out!
Slack’s landing page is engaging and visually appealing. It uses bright colors, fun illustrations, and a clear value proposition to showcase its team collaboration tools.
Grammarly’s landing page is well-designed and user-friendly. It features a simple form for users to sign up for their writing assistant tool, along with clear messaging and social proof in the form of user testimonials.
Dropbox’s landing page is focused on demonstrating the benefits of its cloud storage service. It features a video that showcases the product in action, along with clear messaging and a prominent CTA to sign up.
HubSpot’s landing page is well-designed and features a prominent CTA to sign up for their marketing and sales software. It uses social proof in the form of customer logos and testimonials to build credibility.
Shopify’s landing page is clean, simple, and focused on showcasing its e-commerce platform. It features strong visuals, clear messaging, and a prominent CTA to start a free trial.
Indeed, your landing page determines your visitor’s first as well as last impression of your store. Also, it greatly influences what action they will take on your store.
Thus, optimize your landing page such that you target the right audience, generate more leads, boost conversion rates, and build a brand reputation in the marketplace.
This Shopify landing page checklist covers all the things that you need to keep in mind while creating one for your store. We hope that these strategies prove helpful to you and take your Shopify store to great heights.
In case you are aware of any additional Shopify landing page strategies that could be added to the checklist, do let us know by leaving a comment below.
Looking to create a product page? Give the below-mentioned a read!