How to Add Product Reviews to Your Shopify Store?
Encouraging your online shoppers to buy products from your online store is what e-commerce marketing is all about.
A brand awareness strategy and a visually appealing store design can go a long way toward achieving your end goal. But, doesn’t matter how fantastic you seem, online shoppers look for a non-biased opinion to prove your products are reliable.
Customer reviews serve as social proof and can be a powerful tool to build trust and credibility with potential customers. When potential customers see positive reviews from other customers, it helps to build trust in your brand and products, making it more likely that they will make a purchase.
Additionally, customer reviews can also provide valuable feedback for your business, helping you to identify areas for improvement and make changes to better meet the needs of your customers.
The main query for Shopify merchants is, how can you add product reviews to your store?
You’ll get answers to all the questions that you may have regarding adding reviews to your Shopify store.
So, without further delay, let’s get into it!
Why do you Need to Add Reviews to your Shopify Store?
There are several benefits of adding customer reviews to a Shopify store, including:
- Increased Trust & Credibility: Reviews can help establish trust and credibility with potential customers, making them more likely to make a purchase.
- Improved SEO: Fresh, relevant content in the form of customer reviews can help boost a store’s search engine rankings.
- Valuable Customer Feedback: Reviews can provide valuable feedback to the store owner on their products and how they can improve them.
- Increased Conversions & Sales: Positive reviews can help increase conversions and sales by reassuring potential customers that the products are high-quality and trustworthy.
- Social Proof: Reviews can act as social proof, showing potential customers that others have had a positive experience with the store and its products.
- Better Decision-Making: Reviews can help customers make more informed decisions by providing them with more information about a product before they make a purchase.
How to Find a Great Shopify Reviews App?
If you search on Shopify App Store for product reviews apps, you’ll get more than 900 results.
From a pool of results, how would you find the best Shopify review app?
Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
Here’s our blog for the top 7 product review apps for your Shopify store. Give it a read and find the best one for your online store.
How to Install Shopify Product Reviews App?
If you’re confused about choosing a product reviews app for your Shopify store and you don’t want to go for a paid option, you must install Product Reviews app. This app is free and it will get reviews on your store.
Let’s get into the steps of how you can install the Product Reviews App on your Shopify store.
Step 1: Go to the Shopify App Store
Just visit the Shopify App Store and search for the Product Reviews in the search bar.
Step 2: Add the Product Reviews App
After clicking on the Product Reviews app, hit the Add app button.
Step 3: Install the Product Reviews App
It will redirect you to your Shopify dashboard where you’ll see the permissions the app requires to work on your store. Go through them and click on Install App to proceed.
Clicking on Install will have a reviews app installed on your store that will start gathering reviews and feedback from your customers.
Now, all you need to do is add the reviews widget on the preferred product page.
How to Add Reviews to Product Page on your Shopify Store?
Here, we’ll go through the steps of adding product reviews to your product page. Don’t worry it’s as easy as pie. Just follow the below-mentioned steps!
Step 1: Go to the Shopify Theme Editor
From your Shopify admin panel, you need to go to Online Store > Theme > Customize.
Step 2: Search the Product Page Template
Once you land in the theme editor, you’ll see that the current template is the homepage.
Next, you need to go to the dropdown menu at the top center of the screen.
Click on Products.
Now, click on the default product template to edit.
Step 3: Add Reviews Section Under Apps
In the product page template, scroll down the left sidebar until you find Add Section. Click on it and scroll down to find the Apps section.
For adding product reviews, you’ll have the option to add either Reviews or Star ratings. You can even choose both options.
Step 4: Customize the Product Reviews
The options that you’ll get for customizing Product Reviews will be limited to a certain extent.
The customization options you’ll get will be visible on the right of the screen. You can change the star color, size, and alignment.
On the other hand, if you want to Add Reviews or Star ratings within the product details, you need to click on Add Block in that section.
You can add the product reviews sections or blocks to other pages of your store as well.
Lastly, don’t forget to hit the Save button!
How to Add Reviews to the Product Page Manually?
Here, we’ll go through the steps that involve adding reviews to the product page manually. Let’s start with the steps!
Step 1: Go to the Shopify Code Editor
From your Shopify admin panel, you need to go to Online Store > Theme > Edit Code.
Step 2: Add a New Section
Under the Sections folder, click Add a new section and name it as product-reviews.
Step 3: Copy & Paste the Code
Next, you need to copy and paste the below-mentioned code to the product-reviews.liquid file and click on the Save button.
Step 4: Go to Theme Editor
Next, you need to click on Customize theme at the top left of your screen.
Step 5: Search for the Review Section
Click on Add section. Next, click on the Reviews section.
Step 6: Customize the Review Section
Go to the right side of the screen. Here, you can customize the section by changing the Title, Type of Reviews, and Select Product.
Step 7: Move the Section
You can easily move the section by drag-and-drop feature to the place you wish to add.
Step 8: Hit Save
Lastly, click on the Save button to add the reviews section.
Top Tips to Get More Reviews on your Shopify store
Here are some ways to get more reviews for your Shopify store:
- Reach out to customers: Send an email or message to customers who have made a purchase, asking them to leave a review.
- Offer incentives: Consider offering a discount or other incentives to customers who leave a review.
- Make it easy: Add a direct link to your review page in the follow-up email or on the order confirmation page.
- Respond to reviews: Respond to all reviews, both positive and negative, to show that you value customer feedback.
- Use social proof: Display customer reviews on your website, social media, and other marketing materials to show potential customers that others have had positive experiences with your products.
- Use review apps: There are many review apps available for Shopify that can help you manage and display customer reviews on your store.
Indeed, reviews are a sure way to boost customers’ trust and increase conversions to your Shopify store. It is the backbone of your store since they help visitors know what other customers think about your products.
Adding reviews to your store isn’t the only thing that you can do to boost sales and conversions. You must learn to optimize other sections too. Go through the product page optimization guide for your Shopify store.
Hopefully, this blog has made it easier for you to understand the steps involved in adding product reviews to the Shopify store.
If you want to add a customized reviews section to your product page, get in touch with our expert developers.